January 8, 2019 – Updated:
- Added content to curcumin section on double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial showing antidepressive effects in patients with major depression.
November 25, 2018 – Updated:
- Added section to fish oils regarding APOE4, alzheimers & omega-3 phospholipids.
- Updated sulforaphane section based on August 2018 CrowdCast – Rhonda now harvests broccoli sprouts every 3 days, whilst they are still young, and opts to store them in the fridge rather than freeze them. She also no longer follows or recommends the heating/steeping process to increase bioavailability.
- Updated section on Lion’s Mane regarding heavy metals
August 17, 2018 – Updated:
- Rhonda’s K2 supplement choice from NOW Vitamin’s K2-MK7 to Thorne Research’s – K2/D3 liquid drops. Hat tip to Jim, who provided this info in the comments.
– It seems that around 9 months ago, since Rhonda explained the details of her supplement choices on Tim Ferriss’ May 2017 podcast, she has switched her brand choice of K2 over to Thorne’s liquid form K2 MK4. However she has kept using the same dosage (100mcg), which with Thorne is 1 drop. The source for this can be found on her site here. The switch to Thorne could be spurred by some of Dr Jed Fahey’s sulforaphane research. He found when testing brands that Thorne contained what they said, whereas many other brands he tested did not.
August 16, 2018 & Prior – Updates were being made, but I wasn’t logging them yet.
Sign Up to Receive Email Updates
If you've enjoyed this post, and would like to be notified when more Rhonda Patrick content is posted, sign up below: